Clinical research references on radiation and secondary cancers:
- Elizabeth J. Davis, Jennifer L. Beebe-Dimmer, Cecilia L. Yee, Kathleen A. Cooney. Risk of second primary tumors in men diagnosed with prostate cancer: A population-based cohort study. Cancer, 2014; DOI: 10.1002/cncr.28769
- Ana M. Rodriguez, Yong-Fang Kuo, James S. Goodwin. Risk of colorectal cancer among long-term cervical cancer survivors. Medical Oncology, 2014; 31 (5) DOI: 10.1007/s12032-014-0943-2
- Journal of the National Cancer Institute. “Radiation Increases Risk Of Second Primary Tumors For Childhood Survivors.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 1 November 2006.
- ESTRO. “Increased risk of developing lung cancer after radiotherapy for breast cancer.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 6 April 2014. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140406214413.htm>.
- European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO). “Radiation and immunotherapy combination can destroy both primary and secondary tumors.”